2 tablespoons of hot water (not boiling, ideally around 175°F or 80°C)
1 cup (240 ml) of milk (you can use any type)
Sweetener (honey, agave, sugar, or a sugar substitute)
1. **Prepare the Matcha**:
- Sift the matcha powder into a bowl or cup to break up any clumps.
- Add the hot water.
- Use a bamboo whisk (or a regular whisk) to whisk the matcha and water together until it becomes smooth and frothy. This mixture is called a "matcha shot."
2. **Heat the Milk**:
- If you're making a hot latte, heat the milk until it's warm but not boiling. You can do this on the stove or in a microwave.
- If you have a milk frother, you can use it to make the milk frothy. If not, you can also whisk it or shake it in a jar.
3. **Combine & Sweeten**:
- Pour the matcha shot into a cup.
- Add the milk to the cup.
- Sweeten to taste. Stir well.
4. **For an Iced Matcha Latte**:
- After combining the matcha shot and milk, let it cool for a moment.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour the matcha and milk mixture over the ice.
5. **Serve & Enjoy**:
- Your matcha latte is now ready to be enjoyed!
**Tip**: The quality of matcha powder can vary. For drinking, it's best to opt for ceremonial grade matcha, which is of higher quality than culinary grade. The color should be a vibrant green. The better the quality of your matcha, the better the taste of your latte.
Adjust the amount of matcha powder and sweetener to your preference. Some people like their matcha latte stronger and less sweet, while others prefer it milder and sweeter. Experiment to find your perfect balance!